282 × 181 × 150 mm (Smooth)
282 × 181 × 100 mm (Smoothest)
X + Y + Z > 12 mm
Your model should be within the minimum and maximum bounding box sizes. The maximum bounding box represents the largest model that our printers can produce. The minimum bounding box size is the smallest dimension in which we can print in this material.
Min Supported Wall Thickness
Min Unsupported Wall Thickness
A wall is a feature with a continuous surface having a length and height greater than its thickness. A supported wall is connected on two or more sides. An unsupported wall is connected to another wall on only one side. Walls in your model must meet the minimum measurements to ensure your model is undamaged through the printing and cleaning process. Thin walls are prone to warping during printing and are fragile to clean. Objects that meet the minimum requirements may still be rejected based on the geometry in which case our production team will communicate with you if the design needs improvements and can assist you to strengthen your model.
Min Supported Wires
0.6 mm diameter (or thinnest dimension if not circular).
1.0 mm diameter (or thinnest dimension if not circular) for sprues, or wires bearing weight.
Min Unsupported Wires
0.8 mm diameter (or thinnest dimension if not circular).
A wire is a slender, string-like feature, usually circular in cross-section, but may also be square, rectangular, or triangular depending on the application. A wire typically has a length about 10 times longer than its diameter or cross-sectional thickness. Wires that are under our suggested minimums are prone to breaking in the cleaning process.
1.0 mm diameter (or thinnest dimension if not circular)
Sprues are wires that hold several parts together and tend to be removed by the customer after receiving the model. Sprues need to be connected to at least two sides of the parts and the support material generated for sprues should not interfere with the models' structures. If sprues are placed above parts will result in rougher surfaces from excess support material than would not be necessary if the parts were printed separately without sprues. Since sprues often support larger masses relative to their size, the sprue thickness should be greater than a standard wire. See "Wires" for more details.
Min embossed detail
0.1 mm thick, high & wide
Min engraved detail
0.1 mm high & wide
We recommend these minimum measurements for details like embossing or engraving, based on printer resolution.
Multiple Escape Hole Diameter
4.0 mm diameter
Hollow parts of your product are filled in with a waxy support material, which is melted out before we ship your product. If escape holes are not large enough, this wax will remain inside the product. Models with only one escape hole may be printed as PITA (Print it Anyway), although we cannot guarantee all the wax will be cleaned from the part. We recommend placing escape holes on opposite ends of hollow cavities and on surfaces that are less visible.
A single escape hole at the end of a cavity will not allow material in the corners near the escape hole to fully escape. So we recommend multiple escape holes at both ends of the cavity.
Clearance is the space between any two parts.
INTERLOCKING AND ENCLOSED PARTS ?
Enclosed: No, since support wax will remain between fully enclosed parts.
±0.3- 0.7 mm for every 100 mm
The LOL电竞下注 printer places support wax to every cavity, overhang, and negative angle to support the layers of plastic that comes above it.
The surface that's touching wax will be rougher and might display some whitening, where the surface that's not supported by wax is smooth and clear.
Our LOL电竞下注 printing engineers make do their best to orient models in a way that gives the best quality for most crucial surfaces. You can also set your own orientation at the model edit page.
How will the price of my model be calculated?
- Material Volume - the amount of material needed to LOL电竞下注 print your product
- Support Volume* - the amount of support material required to LOL电竞下注 print your product
- Number of parts - a part is a piece of a model that can be separated from other pieces of the model
- Production - associated production costs including labor; quality control; machine maintenance; general utilities; and other supporting services required to LOL电竞下注 print your product
* Fine Detail Plastic is printed on a build plate, where the print head deposits liquid plastic layer by layer, starting at the bottom. To overcome gravity, the LOL电竞下注 printer surrounds the cured plastic with wax that will support the layers that come above. So every cavity, overhang, and negative angle requires support in wax. That wax gets melted away after the product emerges from the LOL电竞下注 printer.
Is there a minimum price per model?
Models need to meet the following minimums:
- Minimum price per model
- $7.50 for Smooth Fine Detail Plastic
- $10 for Smoothest Fine Detail Plastic
- Minimum price for Parts Bounds Volume*
- $0.35 per cm3 for Smooth Fine Detail Plastic
- $0.58 per cm3 for Smoothest Fine Detail Plastic
* Parts Bounds Volume is the bounding box volume for each part of a model added together. Models must meet this minimum, which is calculated by multiplying the Parts Bounds Volume by the rate listed above.